FastelFilm HPB-900 Heat Activated Adhesive Film
Similar to its FastelFilm 20093 EVA counterpart, HPB-900 can be considered for applications where substrate or component heating sensitivities still exist but a higher continuous operating temperature of 65C is required for in-field use stability. With its higher 65C operating temperature, HPB-900 can also begin to be considered for more rigorous applications within the electroncis, automotive of industrial assembly market segments. FastelFilm HPB-900 performs well on a wide variety of metal and plastic substrates as well as low energy film surfaces. With flow characteristics that can be controlled with heating, FastelFilm HPB-900 offers a quick and clean installation. FastelFilm HPB-900 is available in a wide range of delivery formats including master rolls, slit rolls, die cuts or coated onto various substrate types.
Once the adhesive pad is heated past its melt point temperature and then cooled, the adhesive is set. Re-work can be acheived by re-heating to disassemble.
- Melt point temperature: 93C (mid level melt design)
- Maximum continuous operating temperature: 65C
- EVA / synthetic rubber thermoplastic adhesive
- Non-thermoset adhesive system (reworkable)
- Inert thermoplastic formulation | solvent free
- Excellent for bonding low energy surface plastics and films
- HPB-900 (slight tack at room temperature film surface)
- HPB-900-PT (tacky at room temperature film surface)
- Ideal for bonding ultra heat sensitive substrates or reagents
- Free standing film available in a range of thicknesses
- 100% substrate surface coating available (films and foils)
- Discrete substrate placement capability
- Drop-in-place dry pad installation | clean adhesive assembly
- Optional release liner backings (PET film or paper)
- Optional liner release values (EZ to high release values)
- Available in rolls, sheets or die cuts
- Melt point: 200F | 93C (full liquid state)
- Continuous operating temperature: -25C to 65C (post bonding)
- Chemistry: EVA/synthetic rubber thermoplastic (non-thermoset)
- RoHS | REACH | Halogen Free Compliant
Standard Cross Section
Standard Film Thickness
- 0.08mm - 0.003"
- 0.13mm - 0.005"
- 0.25mm - 0.010"
- 0.38mm - 0.015"
- 0.51mm - 0.020"
- 0.76mm - 0.030"
- Custom film thickness available
- HPB-900: Slight tack
- HPB-900-PT: Tacky Film
- Differential (barrier substrate film with FastelFilm one side and high strength pressure sensitive adhesive other side)
Release Liner Types
- White paper release liner
- Clear PET (polyester) release liner (multiple thicknesses and adhesive film release characteristics available depending on installation requirement)
- Release liner printing available (2 color)
- Master rolls
- Custom and Narrow slit rolls
- Die cut individuals
- Multiple die cuts per sheet
- Die cut continuous reels
- Laser cut (precision tolerance)
Coating & Adhesive Color
- Free standing film (standard)
- 100% substrate surface coating
- Discrete adhesive placement on substrate
- Translucent yellow (up to 0.13mm)
- Opaque yellow (0.18mm and up)
- Custom coloring available
- Aluminum foil
- Copper foil
- Stainless steel foil
- Polyimide film
- Polyester (PET) film
- Polypropylene film
- Customer defined substrate
DOE Testing (design of experiment)
Preparation | Installation Guidelines
Full Bond Heating Temp
No set heating time required. Dependent on thermal conductivity of substrates and heating devices. Minimum melt point must be acheived. No complex ramp up and ramp down patterns required unless other materials require this during the heating process.
Cooling (set) Time
Adhesive should be allowed to adequately cool below its melt point before applying stress. It is recommended (not required) to maintain pressure during cooling to promote surface contact during this process. Forced direct air systems okay to accelerate cooling.
Re-Work or Clean Up
Click here to learn more about our recommended heating equipment partners.