FastelFilm HPB-700 Heat Activated Adhesive Film
FastelFilm HPB-700 is popular within the medical device and diagnostic application market for its low melt point temperature that can benefit reagent/biologic heat sensitivities that may exist. FastelFilm HPB-700 can be utilized as an adhesive interface bonding 2 substrates together or as a low melt sealing gasket.
With a flow characteristic that can be controlled with heating, FastelFilm HPB-700 can be provided in a manual drop-in-place or automated die cut format providing efficient heating cycles as well as no clean-up after heating. FastelFilm HPB-700 can be die cut to match a wide range of mounting and sealing applications areas. Once the adhesive pad is heated to or past its melt point temperature and cooled, the adhesive is set. Re-work can be acheived by re-heating to re-position or disassemble. With the option of the tacky version (HPB-700-PT), adhesive pad placement or substrate pre-fixturing at room temperature is advantageous for assembly.
- Melt point temperature: 71C (low melt design)
- Maximum continuous operating temperature: 55C
- EVA / synthetic rubber thermoplastic adhesive
- Non-thermoset adhesive system (reworkable)
- Inert thermoplastic formulation | solvent free
- Excellent for bonding low energy surface plastics and films
- HPB-700 (dry at room temperature film surface)
- HPB-700-PT (tacky at room temperature film surface)
- Ideal for bonding ultra heat sensitive substrates or reagents
- Free standing film available in a range of thicknesses
- 100% substrate surface coating available (films and foils)
- Discrete substrate placement capability
- Drop-in-place dry pad installation | clean adhesive assembly
- Optional release liner backings (PET film or paper)
- Optional liner release values (EZ to high release values)
- Available in rolls, sheets or die cuts
- Melt point: 160F | 71C (full liquid state)
- Continuous operating temperature: -20C to 55C (post bonding)
- Chemistry: EVA/synthetic rubber thermoplastic (non-thermoset)
- RoHS | REACH | Halogen Free Compliant
Standard Cross Section
Standard Film Thickness
- 0.08mm - 0.003"
- 0.13mm - 0.005"
- 0.25mm - 0.010"
- 0.38mm - 0.015"
- 0.51mm - 0.020"
- 0.76mm - 0.030"
- Custom film thickness available
- HPB-700: Dry film
- HPB-700-PT: Tacky Film
- Differential (barrier substrate film with FastelFilm one side and high strength pressure sensitive adhesive other side)
Release Liner Types
- White paper release liner
- Clear PET (polyester) release liner (multiple thicknesses and adhesive film release characteristics available depending on installation requirement)
- Release liner printing available (2 color)
- Master rolls
- Custom and Narrow slit rolls
- Die cut individuals
- Multiple die cuts per sheet
- Die cut continuous reels
- Laser cut (precision tolerance)
Coating & Adhesive Color
- Free standing film (standard)
- 100% substrate surface coating
- Discrete adhesive placement on substrate
- Translucent yellow (up to 0.13mm)
- Opaque yellow (0.18mm and up)
- Custom coloring available
- Aluminum foil
- Copper foil
- Stainless steel foil
- Polyimide film
- Polyester (PET) film
- Polypropylene film
- Customer defined substrate
DOE Testing (design of experiment)
Preparation | Installation Guidelines
Full Bond Heating Temp
No set heating time required. Dependent on thermal conductivity of substrates and heating devices. Minimum melt point must be acheived. No complex ramp up and ramp down patterns required unless other materials require this during the heating process.
Cooling (set) Time
Adhesive should be allowed to adequately cool below its melt point before applying stress. It is recommended (not required) to maintain pressure during cooling to promote surface contact during this process. Forced direct air systems okay to accelerate cooling.
Re-Work or Clean Up
Click here to learn more about our recommended heating equipment partners.